Our annual club tournament is coming up! We’ve made a change to the format to allow for flexible scheduling of the preliminary rounds (like Mixed Madness). This tournament is open to members only.
The tournament finals, a round robin, and party will be on Sunday, October 5 at 12 noon.
From September 7 – October 4, you can schedule your own matches with your opponents. We’ll post the draw at the club and on the website.
Here are a few guidelines:
- Please pay the tournament fee at the front desk prior to playing your first match. It’s $10/singles player and $15/doubles team.
- No other court fees apply.
- Reserve the court for two hours.
- Both players/teams bring a new can of balls to the match. Winner takes new can.
- Play a 10-point tiebreaker in lieu of a third set if you split sets.
- Report scores to the front desk.
- Phone numbers and email addresses are available at the front desk. Winners of each round should contact their opponents to schedule their next match by the deadlines. (Deadlines will be specified on the draws.)
Sign up at the front desk or call 860-739-6281 by September 6!
Looking to join Lyme Shores? We’re running a special promotion for new tennis members. The membership initiation fee will be waived for anyone who signs up for a tennis membership during August and September!
Lyme Shores Thames Valley Men’s A Team
The Lyme Shores team (which includes Lyme Shores pros Jared Pearl and George Ulrich) battled it out against Old Saybrook on Tuesday, July 22nd for the Thames Valley Men’s A Championship. After four competitive matches, Lyme Shores came out on top, winning 3-1.
Joe Trausch, the captain of Old Saybrook, put together a nice little round-up of the night’s events. He writes:
All of the matches were hard fought and Lyme Shores earned the victory with stellar play. This championship match had everything:
- It had tremendously competitive matches with high level play at all four positions
- It had players ranging in age from 18 to 60+ (The combined age of the first singles match was 37!)
- It had spectators (players’ wives, families and of course Fratoni)
- It had cursing in Swazili (Jeff Morse was raised in Africa)
- It had comedy (what else would you expect with George Ulrich and Brian Perzanoski on the same court ?)
- It had drama (again George and Brian on the same court)
- It had serves ranging from 125 mph (Jeff) to 50 mph (Joe T)
- It had tons of pizza for players and guests with great hosts in Lyme Shores
Here are the final results:
Lyme Shores 3, Old Saybrook 1
1S: David Schultz (LS) def. Morgan White 6-4, 7-5
2S: Jeff Morse (OS) def. Steve Gulla 6-2, 7-6
1D: Mike Turdo/Matt Nakagawa (LS) def. Rick Tomasetti/Joe Trausch 6-2, 7-5
2D: Jared Pearl/George Ulrich (LS) def. Mark Bijleveld/Brian Perzanoski 5-7, 6-1, 7-6
Congratulations to all the players for an entertaining and competitive final!
The Women’s Thames Valley season is coming to a close. The finals will take place at Lyme Shores featuring Guilford vs. Mysto on July 30 at 6pm.
The league party and round robin will also be held that evening, so all members of the women’s Thames Valley league are invited to join in!
View all the results from the Women’s Thames Valley 2014 Season here >